Holidays at Pra’ delle Torri are not only about the sea, sun and relaxing, but also about sports activities and exciting excursions. There are many routes to discover the natural sights around the town of Caorle on your bike.
Moving around by bike allows you to visit new places in a sustainable way and take time to savour the wonders of nature at leisure, whilst keeping fit and giving free rein to your spirit of adventure.
To help you choose the most suitable route, below we have put together a list of ideas and suggestions on cycling in our local area: take a look at it, find the right tour for you and start cycling right away!
First of all… you need a bike rental service
If you do not have a bicycle, you can rent one with BIKEandGO at the Ca’ Corniani bike station (just outside Caorle, 8 km from the Pra’ delle Torri Holiday Centre), where you will find mountain bikes, road bikes, city bikes, trekking bikes, e-bikes and various types of equipment.
Two loop routes from Pra’ delle Torri
To begin with, how about visiting Ca’ Corniani and Caorle starting from Pra’ delle Torri? There are many landscapes and attractions that you can cross along these routes, such as the village of Ca’ Corniani, the Fishermen’s Island, the picturesque Caorle and its lagoon.
- Full tour: Pra’ delle Torri – Ca’ Corniani – Caorle – Pra’ delle Torri
Distance: 46.3 km
Cycling tourism: 4 hours (no stops)
Route: cycle path 17.5 km, road 7 km, trail 21.8 km
Type of road: compact dirt road 22.3 km, asphalt road / stone paving 24 km
- Short tour: Pra’ delle Torri – Caorle – Pra’ delle Torri
Distance: 25 km
Cycling tourism: 2 hours (no stops)
Route: cycle path 17.6 km, road 5.7 km, trail 1.7 km
Type of road: compact dirt road 9.2 km, asphalt road / stone paving 15.8 km
Ciclo Esplorando ideas – Guided bike tour
Guided bike tours
Telephone: +39 3479725131
- 1. Grand tour of the northern lagoon
Excursion to discover the northern Venetian lagoon, bike + boat. The tour starts from Caposile and continues along the cycle path leading to Altino. Boarding for the island of Sant’Erasmo. After cycling across the whole island, it’s back to the boat, which this time is headed for Treporti.
Through a full cycling route, you will reach the starting point in the late afternoon with a stop for an aperitif.
60 km, medium, includes guide + boat
- 2. Bike & Boat family experience
Departure from Pra’ delle Torri, excursion to discover the Caorle lagoon with boarding for Vallevecchia. Here, passing through wonderful pine forests, you will arrive at Brussa di Caorle, an untouched and somewhat wild area.
35 km, easy, includes guide + boat
- 3. Across the hills of Prosecco… and Piave
Excursion focusing on nature but also carbon-neutral good food .
The tour starts from the Ca’ del Faggio farm in Guia di Valdobbiadene. While cycling through the magnificent hilly landscape typical of the local area, the tour continue along dirt roads and unspoilt meadows towards Vidor near the pebbly riverbank the river Piave , reach the Island of the Dead and then head towards the Oasis of the White Fountains.
The route takes us along the river Piave and into an enchanted forest with a mysterious atmosphere! After arriving at the Ca’ del Faggio farm, we will end our day with a well-deserved tasting of typical local wines and dishes .
35 km, medium-easy, includes guide
The itineraries of the Caorle Slow app
Caorle Slow is a free app to discover the pedestrian and cycling routes of the hinterland, as well as those focusing on nature, food and wine and much more.
Here are some of the itineraries in the app:
- Caorle and its lagoon. Length: 14 km. Duration: 2 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt, gravel, cycling path.
- Brian e Tezzon. Length: 17 km. Duration: 2-3 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt.
- Eraclea Mare and Cortellazzo. Length: 35 km. Duration: 3 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt, gravel, cycling path.
- Brussa (64 km), Concordia Sagittaria and Portogruaro. Length: 50 km; Duration: 4-5 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt, gravel, cycling path.
- San Gaetano. Length: 20 km. Duration: 2 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt, gravel, cycling path.
- Ca’ Corniani (see also the cycle paths inside the estate) and river Livenza. Length: 38 km. Duration: 3 hours. Difficulty: easy. Roadbed: asphalt, dirt, gravel, cycling path.
- Ca’ Corniani Bike and Wine
La Fagiana – Rice field
Guided bike tour through the rice fields of the estate with tasting of risottos and other agricultural products of the local area, along with wines and craft beers.
Farm, rice fields and shop in Brian, 5 km away from the Pra’ delle Torri Holiday Centre.
Ca’ Corniani – Farm and winery
32km-long cycle path and pedestrian paths in 1770 hectares of land with 168 years of history.
Along the route through vast, orderly stretches of fields interrupted by rows of trees and river courses, you will find works of art, you will be able visit the Idrovora and the business centre, as well as stop at the old wine cellar to taste wines.
Ca’ Corniani is located just outside Caorle, 8 km from the Pra’ delle Torri Holiday Centre.
ATVO ideas – “The Bus takes you by bike!” coastal route
From June to September, with booking required to take your bike with you.
- 1. The Caorle lagoon with the typical houses (“Casoni”) and the mouth of the Livenza river
What to see:
- Fondamenta Pescheria
- Darsena dell’Orologio
- Old town centre (duomo, bell tower, Church of the Madonna dell’Angelo and Scogliera Viva seafront along the way to get there)
- Porto Falconera, picturesque outpost in the unique natural area with the “Casoni”
- Panorama of the Caorle lagoon with a view of the Brussa natural oasis
- Isola dei Pescatori and the “Casoni”, typical wooden houses and marsh reeds, now mainly used as warehouses for fishing gear
- Parco del Pescatore.
15 km, loop route, easy, asphalt and dirt road
- 2. Tour along the Livenza river to discover small old villages
What to see:
- Complex of renovated rural buildings in new street where the National Museum of Archaeology of the Sea is located
- Ca’ Corniani bike station
- Borgo Ca’ Corniani and Antica Osteria and Enoteca Ca’ Corniani
- Old church dating back to 1721 between Ca’ Corniani and Ca’ Cottoni
- Ca’ Cottoni village
- Landscape Museum in Sant’Anna di Boccafossa.
20 km or 38 km for the full tour, easy, asphalt and dirt
- 3. Cycling through nature, history and culture: discovering Concordia Sagittaria and Portogruaro
What to see:
- Marango and the Marango monastery
- “La Frassina” vineyard and winery
- Bosco delle Lame (Sindacale area)
- Town of Concordia Sagittaria
- Town of Portogruaro.
52 km, easy, asphalt and dirt road
- 4. The natural oasis of Vallevecchia that inspired Hemingway
What to see:
- Vallevecchia natural oasis recognised by the European Union as a special protection area
- Brussa beach.
33.5 km, easy, asphalt and dirt road
- 5. Endless countryside landscapes: Sindacale, Marango, San Gaetano
What to see:
- Bosco delle Lame
- Marango monastery
- San Gaetano and its fishing marshes, captured by Hemingway in his novel “Across the River and Into the Trees”.
21.3 km, easy, asphalt and dirt road
XLAGOON – Boat transport
River connection between the Caorle lagoon, Vallevecchia and Bibione.
Telephone: +39 3516988159
Ferry – Mouth of the Lemene river
River connection between the Fishermen’s Island of Caorle and San Gaetano to reach Marango, Concordia and Portogruaro.
Telephone: +39 3516988159
Ready, go, pedal!
Have you seen how many cycling tours there are to immerse yourself in our local area and get to know its history, nature and flavours? Let yourself be inspired by the tours and unique atmospheres of Caorle and its surroundings, and discover a number of new landscapes on your bike!